This was bugging me for some time now and finally I have the solution, good old TechNet, eh?
Report Viewer in Configuration Manager 2007 limits the number of rows returned to 1,000 rows when you click Values and the values list displays for a prompt. The maximum number of rows returned by the query for the prompt that populates the values list can be modified by creating a registry key and setting a value on site system computers that have the reporting point role.
Increasing the maximum number of rows for queries that return a large amount of data or for queries that are inefficiently written might cause performance issues when the values are displayed.
To configure the number of rows returned in a values list:
- Open the Registry Editor on the reporting point computer.
- On reporting points that run on a 32-bit operating system, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Reporting.
- On reporting points that run on a 64-bit operating system, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\SMS\Reporting.
- Create a DWORD value named Values Rowcount, and then set its value to the number of rows that you want returned in the report query.
- If you want to return all rows, set the value to 0xffffffff, which is the hexadecimal equivalent of –1.
The configured number of rows is returned by any prompt query that is run from this reporting point.
Registry key ready to be imported [setting the value to 5000 rows] can be downloaded from: